Sunday, October 9, 2016

Those 7 Words

So, in between not getting smashed on a Warrior Dash obstacle this weekend, overcoming sore muscles, and just living the momma life... my brain cells have been subconsciously pondering the latest Trump debacle.  Oh yes... grabbing women/life/America by the p***y.

And so seeing David Duke at a family event near my house today for the first time in my life made me come to terms with my brain cells.
I will not get into the David Duke hatred... that's truly not part of my argument tonight.

But I finally got to a cycle in my thought patterns to explain why Trump's idiocy truly makes my stomach crawl.
No it's not the words he used.  Any human at any time could use any words in my presence, and they will be that.. just words.. just letters put together to form utterances that some people find offensive.
George Carlin took care of that explanation in his bit about those 7 Words We Can't Say On TV.

So it's not the effing words.. ok?  I can read any one of those words in any slutty romance novel or even slightly graphic dystopian fiction, where the object of desire could be a human, a robot, or a 5 inch blue, stuffed bear (Thanks, Margaret Atwood, for that forever emblazoned image).

I am a mother, first.  Of all girls.. and yes I could step on my soapbox about how these words and images and mannerisms will affect them and their lives through having to deal with douchebags who think that "Oh, the President (or candidate for) talks like that and grabs women where he wants.. why can't I??"  (Enter the story of Stanford standout Turner)  "That dude talks like that, treats women like crap, does whatever he wants, and becomes PRESIDENT!"  and so, enter a world where my daughters have to deal with super, monster-sized assholes such as this.  Not just your traditional hormonal teenager or 20-something butthead, but THIS... one that has been brought up on TRUMPism.  That scares the shit out of me and makes me want to scoop them up and raise them among the fishes and coral on a deserted island.. if there was one I could go to.

So that's first.. but is that it?? of course not...

Of course I am a wife.. but I'm a big girl.. I can take this shit and any words anyone throws at me.  My husband is a good guy and not a douche, so... all good there.
Not everyone is that lucky, I realize....

To continue... my main concern?? really and truly????

I am an educator.  Of middle school age children.  I believe to be one of the most impressionable ages of childhood.  These kids are just starting to learn who they are, as a person, apart from who their parents are.  Most of them truly just identify with everything that their parents and family members are.  However, in 3 years (going on 4) of being a middle school teacher, I have seen kids mature from being that follower of what their family believes to starting to question and make their own decisions of life, within the 10 short months of the school year.  It only continues once they leave me, and so many come back and pull up a chair in my room and just want to talk....

So I see this, day in and day out....

And THIS, those of you that have continued to read this far, is the reason I am writing this.. on a Sunday night, 9 minutes before the debate starts...

Do you REALLY.. REALLY.. want to portray the American Presidency.. with the likes of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Kennedy,... with this "Pussy-grabbing" man?  Who has denounced other races and sexes as being fat, stupid, ignorant???? How can I, as an educator, turn a blind eye to someone who is shitting on everything I do as a teacher to help my students become empathetic, kind, respectful, helpful, honest, loving human beings?? When he is demeaning toward everyone but white males, wanting to blame everyone else for everything wrong with this country instead of truly attempting to change things, in the way that LEADERS CHANGE THINGS...

Has he ever read about change theory???  I highly doubt it..
Blaming people and pointing fingers is NOT how LEADERS get shit done!!!

It just makes me sick, honestly, to think that this person.. who yes, looks to be "successful" but is as shallow as a puddle of cat piss...
could possibly be leader of our country.

I am not telling you WHO to vote for..
but geez...
don't vote for him.

UPDATE!  10/11/16:  As I have gone to work the last two days, this thought has come to mind:
How are educators and adults that deal with children going to stop them from using phrases and words thrown out there that our own PRESIDENT uses?  How are you going to stop boys from calling girls fat?  How are you going to stop boys from saying "Aw she's bleeding out of her whatever??"  Anyone??? How?? How?? If our president does it.. HOW do we as teachers have a leg to stand on.. "Well the President says it, why can't I??"  Has any Republican voting person thought of THAT???????  Please let me know what your plan is.. when you children start doing it, because well, my parents voted for Trump so they must think it is ok.  Honestly...

No comments:

Post a Comment