Saturday, August 24, 2013

The scum of the earth.. soap scum, that is

So the shower in our master bathroom is a glass shower, and the scumminess of the doors has been bugging me since we moved in..And of course it has only gotten worse. So today I decided to look for a homemade cleaner to get rid of it, because the ones in the stores are so chemically and strong. First one I came to was a winner because I had all of the ingredients...

Here is the one I used, from Fabulessly Frugal.

Vinegar, corn starch, and dish detergent.. I used Dawn as used here.
The corn starch is obviously the agent that holds the vinegar and soap to the wall to keep it doing its job longer.

Now, if you stand in the shower like I did, you will feel like you are in a pickle jar. :)

But 10 minutes later, I used a sponge and wiped it all down, then I sprayed it clean.

I wish I had taken before and after pics!  WoW!
I tried a magic eraser a few weeks ago with no results..
This just cut through the grime!!!  I need to do another application, as some spots were missed.

Anyway, had to share!  Happy frugal cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment